Monday, March 3, 2008

Home of the Ducks


Eugene is home to the University of Oregon, which might be better known as the home of the Ducks. While the university uses a cartoon mascot I prefer the real ones that can be found in the rivers and creeks around town.
Spring in Eugene is one of my favorite times of year, the grass is green..er... things are starting to bloom and the wildlife in the rivers are always good for a few pictures. There are several great parks in the Eugene/Springfield area along the rivers that I enjoy plopping down and doing some homework in. I was in one of the parks last Thursday doing some homework when I snapped this picture on the way back to the car.

1 comment:

emilyruth said...

the article in the register guard was really great...
it made me really search out twinkle & thank you because i found her shop through you...
i was contacted by someone through my shop about a monthly eugene craft show...do any of you know about it?
the only info i was given was an email to send my esty link to & i googled it & found nothing...i would like to know more before i decide to contact someone about it...if anyone knows i would love to hear about it...
you can just link to my blog & comment or go to my etsy shop http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5054874 & start a conversation...

thanks!
:)