Monday, January 12, 2009

Fall ASUO Street Fair

We had a good group of people show up with a nice variety of things to sell at the Fall 2008 ASUO Street Fair on the U. f. O campus in our namesake city of Eugene.

You can't go wrong with having mustaches and undies from Bullfight in one of your front displays at a fair! Also visible up in front here are things from Practical Rabbit and Bliss Monkey Studios.



Here is an overview of our booth on one of the days--


There is Ashley to the right.

A big thanks to Aly the Red for signing us up and reserving two booths for us to display our wares!

We had a number of people and a fairly large space so we would move things around over the course of the three days the fair went on to rotate peoples displays front to back and from insides to a bit more outside. I only have photos from I think the last day so things are in the same place in all the photos.

Here is the side of our booth, with access so people can browse through bloomers and skirts from Yodamoon on either side. My jewelry (SillyDolphinsJewelry) is to the right and my button display.


Our booth from the back. There was access but we tried to limit it so we didn't have too many points to watch.



People were a bit shy about having their pictures taken.

I'm awful with names.

What a good combination for an attempt at bloggery!!

Most of what I have are pics of our booth.



This is the other half of the back, with my jewelry and a walk through area.



Our booth had a lampost with a large hanging flowering plant on it on one side which was a bit in the way of our canopy and a flower planter on the other side which gave us a blank corner around from the planter on the street side, which pretty much defined our booth space. So we set one booth back a bit further on the sidewalk than our booth outline a little to not upset the hanging plant, and set up displays as far out into the street as we could on both sides. We took a little extra room, in otherwords, than our outline had been. No worries, we were being good to a living plant and the planter set up the walk space so no problems.





Here's Alley of Practical Rabbit and Ashley of Bullfight and ...I'm feeling bad cuz I can't remember her name...with the cool hats ....standing in the street in front of our booth.



We took turns wearing the 'money bags' and playing cashier and would write everything down as we sold them, although we were all responsible if we saw someone was ready to pay for something. Alley kept missing the money pocket while I was wearing it and would shove money into my baggy pants pocket pretty regularly.

I swear I made sure it all made it into the till pocket!


Oops!


I shouldn't try and do a finger mustache when I'm using my camera.
Ciao!




















3 comments:

fourtwoseven said...

Great post. Looks like a lot of fun. I might need to join in sometime.

SillyDolphinsJewelry said...

Well the Spring ASUO Street Fair will be comming up in April, so you might have a chance pretty soon!
Students always need soap.

Unknown said...

Hi I'm Littlegemsco on Etsy and would like to do the 2009 ASUO Oct. Street Faire do you have a contact number for them?
littlegems.co@gmail.com